I've took my son fly fishing today at a BOW we really like for Large 9 - 10 BG and LMB between 10" and 14". Its really a blast to see his fly fishing skills improve. We caught 4 large BG and couple of LMB on this trip but there are some developments that are greatly concerning me. Last year at the same time, the BG were exceptionally robust, really fat beauties. The one thing that has been different from last year is the pond manager's use of dye. They began to use it in late July after the FA float and the water has been kept at that level of dye since then. There was an immediate slow down in fish catch as a result of the dye which in the beginning I attributed to the greatly reduced clarity and light penetration of the water. Since then the large BG have declined greatly in condition. We caught some really big BG tonight, but they are shadow of what they earlier were. Their dorsal regions terminate like a knife blade when they were once fat and round. I am really concerned these large BG are going to die over winter and I just feel ill. It's difficult to find good water for BG in our area and this BOW was a hidden secret which I now think the Pond Manager has ruined for at least the time being. Just don't know how long it will take to recover or whether this will be the new status quo.

It isn't what we don't know that gives us trouble, it's what we know that ain't so - Will Rogers