A couple of thoughts.

I don't personally know anyone who has been successful with SMB in Texas. Heck, I don't recall anybody who has tried them other than Chris. That may be my ignorance/memory speaking. But, if Aaron did it in Phoenix, I guess it could be done. But, he had a well and aeration. Since he quit posting some time back I have no idea about his long range success.

I doubt that HSB could control BG spawning in a small pond. Lusk says that only BG spawn enough to feed bass and only bass con control BG.

I have a pond about that size with CC, GSF and some BG. Right now it's about the size you are thinking about. It's working OK and I feed them when I get there. It's a long way from the house and only accessible by 4wheeler.

When I bought the place 25 to 30 years ago, I knew nothing about ponds and stocking. I put in BG, CC, fatheads and bass. It worked great about 5 years until drought hit. Then O2 depletion set in and, due to overstocking, I lost almost everything.

My favorite small pond stocking scenario for hot and dry country is CC with HBG and feed. I don't recall what area of Texas you are in. That really means rain. With a well, that wouldn't matter except for the electric bill.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP