Welcome to the forum, Bama.

Populations of waterfowl add significant amounts of phosphorous to the water and accelerate the eutrophication process leading to water quality issues. Too many nutrients for the water to process - something will utilize those nutrients often dense phytoplankton blooms or filamentous algae. Dense plankton blooms are subject to major die off events, which in turn can set the stage for fish kill events. All this is stuff we want to avoid.

While you have a a much higher quantity of water than most of us [10 acres - awesome!] therefore greater tolerances for nutrient loads, if it were my pond I'd start culling the flock or consider eliminating them altogether. It's a variable you can control, and so many variables that create management pond and fishery management issues are beyond our control - so I suggest knocking out anything you possibly can to tip the scales in your favor whenever possible. This includes encouraging the flock to move on.

Many men go fishing all of their lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after. ~ Henry David Thoreau

[Linked Image from i1261.photobucket.com]