My pond has zero plants. This is most likely for several reasons. First, I don't think any plants have ever been physically planted in the pond. As far as native plants go, several times each Spring and sometimes each Fall and Winter the pond is flooded from the huge watershed up above. So, a large portion of the year the pond is muddy with very little if any light reaching the pond bottom. This hinders the deep water plants. Also, due to the Texas heat the pond level fluctuates quite a bit in between the flood events. So, edge plants can go from being dry to underwater and back to dry rather quickly.

Does this setup for me just not having pond plants? Would only floating type plants survive in this pond? Can you think of any cheap/easy solutions to help with these issues? There is no room/funds for another pond to catch the silt ahead of the existing pond. I would like to spend the time this winter to research and get some ideas on what plants may work so that I can try some out in the Spring.

Last edited by N.TexasHalfAcre; 10/17/19 04:26 PM.

NTHA - North Texas Half Acre
Cattle Ranch Ponds