If I were to try a HSB ONLY pond...

I would install aeration,

Pack the pond with every smaller forage creature that would make
sense for the area for full year prior to stocking (in my case, FHM, PK shrimp, shiners, and maybe Gambusia),

Add (in the neighbor hood of) 400 fish per acre in the fingerling to 6" range.

And, feed pellets daily as much or as little as they would care to eat in 10 to 15 minutes.

After the first summer, the fish would be over a pound and selective harvesting would need to take place removing the smaller ones if possible. By the second season I would expect the forage to mostly be gone and feed would need to be increased. Tilapia could be very beneficial the second season for those of you who can have them (I have thought about GSF for my area), but reduced stocking numbers of the HSB or a higher first season harvesting rate should be considered so that the pond does not push capacity during the heat of the summer. By the end of the second season, the HSB would be in the 2 to 3 pond range and be ready for the table if larger fish are not desired.

The big trick is getting them out of the pond. Obviously, draining the pond would be an absolute, but if angling is your method of choice and they act anything like my HSB...there would definitely be a third season to pellet feeding and bigger fish catching.

Having a separate forage pond would improve the success I would think to a grand extent allowing several years of growth.

As you can tell I have thought some about this and it would be very exciting and have a high likelyhodd of success, but I'm no expert...These ramblings area based on my HSB/HBG pond from the last two seasons.

Fish on!,
Noel