RS - Those sure look like WH and I have not come across a "look-alike" yet.

I have done some internet research on overwintering them and found a couple forum posts that mentioned good luck with it aside from a climate controlled green house. They put about 4 inches of pond mud in the bottom of a 6 inch deep pan, nestled the plant's root system mostly in the mud, topped off with pond water, kept them in a room above 55-60 degrees, and used shop florescent lights and a timer to give them some light. I can't remember what the light cycle was, but I'd bet on 12 hr on/off.

Most of those that tried it would fail about February as the plants would just slowly fade away, but the above explanation seemed to yield the best results. They also mentioned to NOT fertilize them. I would guess that they need to be kept in a somewhat dormant state and fertilizer would try to pull them out, but due to lower temps and the lack of true sun light...they'd burn.

I was going to try some in the dinning room by the sliding glass door, but a container nice enough to satisfy the little lady would cost more than ordering a few next spring. I'm lazy and tight that way! Not to mention, I'd probably forget to check on the water level and it'd just be a waste.

Snipe, I will be taking the last corral's worth out this weekend. I don't need what nutrient soak that they provide and I do not want to be doing it in any colder weather than I have to. I'm. also not a cold weather fan...it appears you have no choice in the matter...teens in October...jeez! I would bet that the surface water temps create a blanket of warmer air that protections them going into fall for a short period. 15 degrees will surely get them, however.

Fish on!,
Noel