Originally Posted By: Quarter Acre

I had the opposite view of the juicy muck.

LOL! I can see how that could be a problem. Everyone has different situations, but what the heck to do with the muck is always a problem.

A friend of mine had a pond cleanout job where the muck had to be hauled off site and one of the dump trucks that came in didn't have the tailgate latched good, the guy made it onto a blacktop road before it finally released its gooey contents. My friend had to haul a skid loader over to shove it off the road. he said it was like driving on ice, he was sliding all over the road. He also said the local authorities weren't impressed.

Building a pond or renovating one is a great experience, I say go for it. It's very satisfying when its done, even if it's a small one. But there is a point in size where it starts off playing in the dirt and soon becomes a job. I cleaned out a small pond with a skid loader a long time ago. We were having a drought, I didn't cut the dam, I just scooped it out. Super hurry deal trying to beat the first rains, it was brutal. You guys cleaning out ponds with tractors are nuts! LOL