June 29

After a evening hanging out near vertical tipping back and forth on the face of the dam my back had enough, so I cut the top of the dam down and made a ramp to use as a more stable platform to transfer muck. This also gave me more height on the pit which made for a much more efficient use of time. I also now have a better view of the scenery besides mud-air. I do like to look around it gets real boring real quick scoping mud.

There is a benefit to doing this right after it was drained, the muck is still really juicy and it flows down the hill a lot easier. Behind the digger you can see how it's already piling up. There is also one advantage to using a smaller excavator and only one that I can think of, (I would have used a bigger one if I had one) the smaller bucket takes smaller bites of the more dense mud witch brakes it up in smaller pieces and mix that with the really wet muck and handling it twice really helps in getting it thinned out so it can flow down hill. As everyone knows the more you can get mud spread out the quicker it will dry.

I don't remember how deep the pit was but it held a good amount of mud.

Attached Images
1012a.jpg
Last edited by mikepjr; 10/10/19 03:38 PM.