Flame, you and I both run the Kasco aeration system and in my case the diffusers would kick up bottom sediment and keep the water a little off color. Had water tested by Mr. Bill Cody. Bill came back and said it was most likely detritus. Crap on the bottom of the pond being mixed up. After trying many different things, cinder blocks etc. to eliminate that possible problem I finally built some tables from rebar. Tables are 21" high and the bubbling tubes are about 10" or so above the diffuser base, so my bubblier tubes are now about 3' off bottom. That helped a lot.

I also added alum/hydrated lime because of the water had an ugly green color. I mean it was not a good color. I think it came from me adding a product to reduce the nutrient level. So, I added around 80 bags of alum and 40 bags of hydrated lime. This was a few less than what I came up with when testing how much to add. It worked great. Water cleared in a couple of days and a week or so later it settled in at or around 32" of visibility. My pond is 3 acres and I think your is two. I am guessing or water depths are fairly close to each other. This might give you an idea on how much to add, even though no two ponds are the same. A downside for all of this is when the water clears, plants will start up in the pond waters. Something else to manage lol. I am picking up some grass carp this coming Sat. Hope this helps.

Last edited by TGW1; 10/09/19 06:33 AM.

Do not judge me by the politicians in my City, State or Federal Government.

Tracy