This has all got me thinking how upset I am with my water clarity. I have a lot of grass growing around my 2 acre pond but visibility is still only 4-6 inch on sechi disc. I honestly thought it was a bad algae bloom. Water color is coffee with way too much cream in it. decided to do a jar test this evening. Filled a quart jar and a pint jar. In the pint jar I added 1/4 teaspoon alum to it and shook it up. In only 2 hours it went to perfectly clear you could read a newspaper thru it!! Everything settled to the bottom. So I guess it was clay particles after all.I had checked water chemistry before I added anything and everything was pretty good except hardness is still only about 10. Ph was about 7.2.I do run my aeriation 24 hours a day. I tested the water in the jar with the alum and readings went very bad!! Went from 40 alkalinity to 0!! And the ph would not even register on the scale anymore so was way below 6. Ok, what and how much do I need to do to my pond to get it clearer where I can enjoy looking at it??

Dear Alcohol, We had a deal where you would make me funnier, smarter, and a better dancer... I saw the video... We need to talk.