It would of been nice to know what the water temp. was before the rain. I new it was on the colder side do to the past 2 rains where it came up only 1 to 2 feet. Grand kids were swimming and did not stay in very long do to the cold water.
My thoughts on the water temp affecting the incoming water were the same as yours. But as the water was coming up I had to go out in the water to reattach a paddle boat that only had a 5 foot rope tied to it. The water was very cold by the bank, but by the time I was shoulder deep in the water the lower water seemed warmer than the water next to bank. I may have just gotten used to the water temp but as I walked out it seemed colder at the bank.
I have caught carp, bass and wipers below the dam, both were 10 to 12 inches long. Just wondering if all of the fish I stocked left the lake with the high water, or just a few of the fish.
Thanks for the insight of your pond.

61 acre water shed lake. bass, channel cat, black crappie, wiper, walleye, redear sunfish, blue catfish and bluegill. To many bullhead and common carp
http://www.pondboss.com/news/videos/why-subscribe-to-pond-boss