Great picture RAH!

We have had steady rain as the warm wet stream of weather continues on the 'pineapple express' from Hawaii. Steady rain means more and more street runoff and pond overflow.

I had plans to dig in some overflow pipes to direct water towards a specific spot in the woods on the far side of the pond, however, I can see now that I can direct all I want but when there is this much water it still is going to overflow in all directions.

Fortunately this year the aerator went on a platform made of a half of a 55 gal drum filled with expanding foam. The cabinet is on top of a floating piece of styrofoam cooler lid for added good measure come high water (and some vibration damping effect). Glad it didn't submerge!

Lots of water in the woods. It is interesting that I don't see any minnows in the overflow water. I fed them at their usual spot on the opposite banks and they happily fed like usual, oblivious to their new domain in the wooded area.

The dog figured out he can wade around in the water since the shock line that goes around the pond is way out in the deep water now!

The landscaping on the opposite side of the pond is nearly touching the water, we never had water that high!

If you look closely in the 4th picture you can see the orange goldfish just under the surface cleaning up on pellets!

Can't get this one to post straight. If you download the file (#5 below) it will show up correctly.

Attached Images
Flood 1.jpg flood 2.jpg flood 3.jpg flood 4.jpg flood 5.jpg
Last edited by canyoncreek; 10/02/19 08:31 PM.