The siphon has run its coarse and removed a lot of water, but didn't get it all. It done what I wanted though, there isn't as much water to deal with and I won't have water blasting out the back of the dam when I cut through washing dirt away and causing erosion down the hill.

Time to cut her open. At this point I still don't know where I'm going with this hole, but I'm sure the dam is getting a redo. I decided to make a cut big enough to get my digger through so I could really reach out and get this thing drained, also thought it would make a good way to get in and out of the pond for whatever reason.

This isn't the first pond I have been in so in the back of my head I figured this dam is saturated and this trek through it could get sloppy, and it was and it did. I made it though, sunk down quite a bit, more so on one side than the other making for a better experience. I reached out in the pond felt around a bit, yep situation normal pond deeper than ditch. Been there, trash pump in my future. I still had a bit of mud dam left, so scooped some muck out behind it and busted her open. I hightailed it out of there beat the water to the back of the dam, as I turned out I received a free undercarriage wash. Perfect!

My Digger

Attached Images
1008a.jpg 784.jpg
Last edited by mikepjr; 09/30/19 09:13 PM.