John; Been there, done that. Probably will again.

Picked up a Great Grandson who lives about 100 miles South of me. Actually, went to his first grade football game on Saturday morning. When he saw me his first question was whether he could leave with me and go fishing after the game. You know the answer. So, we left and headed about 175 miles North to my place. Got up the next morning and went fishing before the water heated up too much for the fish to survive being caught. He caught some nice BG, a small bass and a recently stocked 10 inch HSB. The HSB had doubled in size since stocking about 3 months ago.

Then got on a 4 wheeler to check out deer feeders. After that, went to the back of the place to feed catfish and GSF in a small 1/4 acre pond. He wants to catch a cat and I bet I'll let him. That afternoon, he wanted to head back to my house to see Grandma. I talked him into spending the night and then go see Grandma. Yesterday back to his Mom.

It's not about the fish. It's about the pond. Take care of the pond and the fish will be fine. PB subscriber since before it was in color.

Without a sense of urgency, Nothing ever gets done.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley Rancher and Farmer Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP