Originally Posted By: Quarter Acre
HSB are hooked directly to the accelerator pedal with turbo boost, as well, with regards to growth right out of the gate.

My HSB went it the pond during May of 2018 at 4-6" long, and in 3-1/2 months had doubled in length and weighed near a pound. I place the key in an abundance of FHM's. Now that my FHM's have all but vanished, the HSB have started showing themselves at feeding time which was extremely rare for the last year, but I can't catch one to save my life. The last one I caught was earlier this summer and it was 1.95 pounds and over 16" long...that's about a pound of growth per year. They are truly amazing growers, wish I could check this summer's growth...what'd you catch it on?

I stocked 100 HSB around 1st of april this year, they were the same 4-6" (new 2 acre pond) Last spring I stocked 15lb FHM 15lb GSH 100 BG
and 50 RES. I had massive FHM spawns. I started feeding MVP as soon as I stocked HSB and they were hitting it for a about a week, then it was like they were gone only BG and GSH were showing up. I was feeding 1/2 coffee can mvp at sunset almost every day. Some time in july they showed up and started hammering the feed. I started feeding 3/4 can still at sunset once a day. Around the middle of july we started trying to catch 1 They wouldn't hit anything, so we went and got some earthworms went to the pond a little before feeding time and bam got hammered within minutes. Every time we threw in got hammered. I had to shut it down I didn't want to hurt a bunch of them. Took the worms down there a couple weeks ago and same deal, they just smoked em. Weighed a couple they are just over 1 1/2lbs and the longest was 13 3/4. kept a couple to eat. I'm hoping sometime in october to relocate several to the freezer, if the worms continue to work.