My capacitor boot is self-destructing for no reason that I can see. I wonder if the capacitor creates its own heat somehow? If that boot shielding is needed for some reason then as my boot continues to self-destruct I could get into trouble too I guess.

My cabinet cooling fans are working and I did move my cabinet a bit further back in the woods so that more hours of the day it is shaded.

As an aside, when I did my rebuild this summer I found the old page of instructions that they shipped with the rebuild kit lacking and ended up doing several steps when putting it back together wrong and had several calls to service and reattempts in order to get it right. The service manager Sean at Vertex was very helpful in order to get it right.

He even offered to try to improve the instruction sheet based on some of my experiences. I was able to review his updated instruction sheet which is better. I added a few more areas where I think things could be improved and suggested they actually put labels on the individual baggies that contain the new flappers, washers, gaskets etc so that there is less room for error. If they can incorporate some of these additional suggestions and corrections I think the do-it-yourselfer like me (inexperienced) could easily and reliably do this on their own on the first try.

The new piston Teflon wear gasket (cup) and piston ring that the Teflon fits into is a definite upgrade from my original one. I highly recommend the rebuild materials.

It might be a good time to do the component upgrade since you likely will have it torn apart anyway to see if the compressor motor went bad or if it was an electrical surge or capacitor failure.

Last edited by canyoncreek; 09/12/19 10:15 AM.