Ok I have a 300 gallon stock tank that I put to use this summer to grow some channel cats. Where I live buying larger channels is kind of expensive so I thought it might be fun to buy small stock and grow them for release this fall. I run a small bio filter in the tank. I do periodic water changes and pellet feed daily. I had a mess on my hands when I started. The fish had ick and I treated them with a product I shouldn’t have used (but was recommended by the supplier I bought them from). I don’t need to get into the details but I lost fish in the early stages of this due to some bad advice. Anyway. Fish have been healthy and growing well for about two months. Many are larger enough now to be released in my pond without fear of lmb predation. After the initial losses due to the poor advice I received for the treatment of ick - things have gone well. However I do still lose an occasional fish. I saw one tonight that will clearly be dead tomorrow. He was spinning and on his last legs. I believe I lost one last week as well. Everyone else seems healthy. And this is out of a population of about 50 fish. My question is whether it is normal to lose the occasional fish for no apparent reason? I’ve probably lost four or five total since I got the initial mess straightened out. Just curious if you have any thoughts.