Hello folks, my name is Steve and I’m from a suburb of Ennis, Tx.
Love this site and the great information you guys provide-
Why I’m here is we just built and moved in to a house on 20 acres that will be where I retire-
Now it’s time to build a pond and I’m not finding many (very few actually) “local” guys that dig out small ponds-
I was looking for local because the pond I want will only be approximately a 1 acre pond and assume not many builders would want to drive a good ways with big equipment for what I think of as a small pond-
Up to now I’ve got in contact with two close by excavators that said the job was too small for what they do-
I did have a great young guy come by and give a bid but his ideas and prices were not in line with what I was wanting-
So one of the reasons I write this is hoping someone close may see this and that I just have not found them yet-
Is there an “average” cost per hour charged that I should gauge the contractor on?
I understand the whole get what you pay for thing but I think what I’m wanting is simple, no large trees to clear, the spot is in a draw that has a creek that holds water until the hottest and driest time of the year-
The pond will mainly be for fishing with the grandkids and we also want to put a small pier on it-
So I would appreciate and info from you folks that have been in my shoes or possibly you are or know an excavator around the north Texas, Ennis area-
Looking forward to the journey in here-

Last edited by Steveiam; 08/29/19 12:38 PM. Reason: Cause spelling is hard sometimes