Anybody have experience with putting an outdoor kitchen near or over their BOW?

A question that I'm looking at now with my pond renovation is how to get a good outdoor kitchen at/near or over the water on my 3/4 acre pond. I originally had plans put together for a 8-10ft deep timber bulkhead (rectangular, about 100 linear feet total) to give a swimming/diving area, and allow the pouring of a slab and building of a conventional structure over it. This is EXPENSIVE, as in $360/linear foot.

I've always liked a dock over the water, but with the small size of my pond, not sure that I'd be able to get too much distance and size without getting close to the other side. That and I'd be leery of running an outdoor kitchen sink sewer drain back ashore to tie in. No idea on cost yet, but presumably much cheaper (plumbing concerns aside).

My father-in-law is convinced I can just pour a slab with helical pilings at the water's edge as the cheapest option, but I'm not sure whether that would be strong enough or a smart move. Plus, then I lose that deeper entry spot for swimming, paddleboat, etc.

Kris