Culling has slowed to about four 5-gallon buckets a week. I'm not sure why. My guesses are...

1.) The root systems seem to be crowded or saturated with dirt and nutrients even though I manage to keep some (5-10%) open space in the corrals. The coral closest to an aerator (10-15 feet)is outperforming the other in quantity, quality, and size, but not by much.

2.) Nutrient levels in the pond are lacking (theory), but I have had no flowers to date. Test results show zero (to near zero) nitrates, ammonia, & phosphates, but there as been ample surface scum/blooms this year.

3.) I may have been sent dwarfs...do they exhibit less aggressive growth compared to the standards?

All in all, the weather and pond temps have been right were they like it. I'm not complaining, just curious about their tapered production rates.

I have put a few plants in a bucket of well water to see what they do. I suspect that the bucket will get pretty hot during the day which may affect the outcome, but putting them in the shade would too...so, it is what it is.

Edit: added photos for the record...

Attached Images
Hyacinths 8-18-19 01.jpg Hyacinths 8-18-19 02.jpg
Last edited by Quarter Acre; 08/18/19 10:47 AM.

Fish on!,
Noel