I wanted to share what I've observed since placing the two diffusers into the pond a couple of weeks ago. One, the fish are doing fine. They appear to be more active and some of the BG and YOY LMB are actually locating within 10' of the diffusers in the water current. I've been somewhat surprised by the amount of water current there is-- even 10' from the diffusers. I think this is a good indicator of water mixing and likely moving DO outward from the diffusers. The water clarity is slowly improving. There was a lot of dead pond weed and water lily leaves floating on the pond surface. The algae loved it. Me-- not so much! We have a canoe, so I used that to do some mechanical pond weed and algae removal with a garden rake. About twice a week I continue to remove algae and dead pond weed from the edges of the pond. There is much less material to remove and when the wind blows it moves the material to the pond edges making removal easier. The pond surface itself is nearly clear. I've noted a thin, oily sheen on the pond surface that is pushed away from the diffusers bubbling location by several feet. From what I've read this is a substance that is released as part of the muck and organic material breakdown. It doesn't seem to bother the fish. The water clarity has improved from under 12" to nearly 18". I hope to move some photos and short vids to a image hosting site so I can share the details. About 25 years ago I could have removed or avoided planting trees around the pond. At the time I thought the shade (and obstruction to occasional heron, goose, duck, or fisher) would be beneficial. I'm now more concerned about the organic load the trees add to the pond each year in the form of leaves and fruit (crab apples). At the least I think I will prune back limbs that are hanging over the water to at least reduce the amount of material going into the pond. I've had a positive experience with the aerator pump and diffusers so far. Still early in the process though. Almost forgot-- my Mom had some Yellow Iris that were not doing well in a garden situation. She gave me a couple small flats of the plants to put along the water's edge. I didn't bother separating the plants to spread them out. They all went into one corner of the pond. That was 15 years ago. Until the muskrats chewed about 50% of them off this year, the Iris had propagated around the entire pond. I can confirm these plants produce copious amounts of floating seeds that readily germinate in wet locations. Thoughts on trees for shade and bird deterrent?? I've been spending literally hours reading threads on various pond issues and experiences. Not enough time in the day/week/month to read it all. -jim