Standard TX summer drought combined with expansion has resulted in a 6ft water drop. Recently a pair of juvinile Roseate spoonbills has shown up to feast on the now puddle forage pond. They are WAY away from home at the coast. They aren't as shy as the GBH. I was going to siphon the forage pond but decided that would move any remaining BH into the main tank. I'm still catching loads of BH. 98 YOY yesterday... There's too much debris to seine the forage pond but since I don't have one I will just save some $$ now and restock it later.
My Labs sure enjoy the water seeping into the expansion!

Edit/addition: Got a 5ft throw net today. 100+ dead bullhead, a few GSF and GSH (Gold shiners) around the forage pond. Threw the net 3x and caught 200+ BH. I'm just going to let everything in there die once it dries up by next week.
Threw the net 2x near feeding area of main tank and caught 200+ GSH. Should be plenty of forage for 8in LMB being stocked this fall!

Attached Images
Screenshot_20190815-124555_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190815-124806_Gallery.jpg Screenshot_20190815-124628_Gallery.jpg
Last edited by ShortCut; 08/15/19 09:26 PM.