fantastic - thanks for the pix. Those fish are pigs!
I'm trying to determine if i should REMOVE some of the 300 BG that are 1-3" from my pond that were just stocked..

Today my fish supplier admitted that the photos I showed them of the fish i got were BG, and not HBG. ( just as all of you confirmed).
Given what i had in there already was a natural cross of BG and GSH, my homemade Hybrid of sorts, should i now leave all those in and cut back on the # of BG - those that i just stocked? The supplier was very sorry and said the guys must have scooped from the wrong box. They said they'd bring me from 4 hrs away some larger size HSB or LMB, and/or larger size HBG - my choice, however many i want.

QUESTION -
1. should i trash some of the BG just stocked, and leave all the mutts?
2. PRedator - should i add LMB AND HSB, or just one or the other - and, how many of each.
3. I'm putting out 2 cloverleaf traps today. Do i trash some BG, or let the predators i will put in soon take care of them?

And, BTW, here is a video link of hand feeding them this morning. A 12oz cup of hand thrown Optimal is gone pretty much as fast as it hits the water.

https://vimeo.com/353629233

Last edited by jpws; 08/14/19 12:32 PM.

.20 acre pond-that leaks/4-5' deep. Stocked 6/22/19 with 300 BG(supposed to be HBG, removed 100+/- so far), 100 RES, 3carp. On 8/20 added 300 HBG, + 21 5"HSB. 8/21 added 5 8" SMB, one 10" LMB , one 14" CC