We had an old pond (about 1/6 acre) re-dug 5 yrs ago. It's about 12' deep when full, but drops 3-4' every summer (fills again in the fall). I have bluegills, bass, and 5 big white amur in it (blue gills last year, bass this year, white amur 5 yrs ago). There are no longer any weeds, and the water is always muddy. When the water level drops the banks are muddy (and quite honestly, ugly). But, my bigger concern is erosion of those banks. My first question is whether the amur need to get out. My thinking is that it will help some vegetation establish and then the banks will not be bare dirt/clay when the water level gets low. I'm also thinking that getting them out will help clear up the muddy water. My second question is whether I should have rock (or some other sort of erosion control, like plants) on the banks. There is nothing right now except earth. Finally, I'm trying to decide whether I should try to do anything about the seeping, or just deal with it (like we have been doing). My goal is to just be able to have some fish in the pond for young anglers. Beyond that, I just don't want the pond to be an eyesore--it doesn't have to be perfect, just not ugly... Any advice is very much appreciated!