Originally Posted By: TGW1
We changed out our spinner type deer feeders and went to gravity feeders. It was pretty simple to do by removing the spinner box and adding a 3 way or 4 way spout that is gravity feed. This keeps the corn off the ground and has made a big difference when it came to the pigs coming to the feed. Another thing that helped was to invite friends over for a pig hunt several days in a row. Hunting pressure did a lot to get the pigs off the place.

I'm setting my timed feeder up tomorrow. Was thinking about using gravity feeders, but with the concern over Chronic Wasting Disease (which we dont have a problem with yet, but is in every state around us), I'm apprehensive about having multiple deer feeding from the same spout, which is one way the disease is spread. I'll be busting as many hogs as I can in the meantime.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!