Originally Posted By: KingRace78
Any Idea on how many HSB to put in?
Thanks John

I'm in no place to advise on stocking amounts (too little real pond experience), but I'll stick my neck out and say that 20 to 40 would be a good range. The more you put in, the sooner the goldfish population will fall and you have to figure out what to stock next so that the HSB will continue to have something to eat. The fewer you put in, the longer the golden forage will last. I would definitely put in the biggest you can get your hands on (8 inches or bigger - like 10"). A 10" HSB will have a mouth gape at about 1" and that will be important so that they can suck down those 3" long goldfish.

All my rambling advise is assuming that you just want to have some fun with your current conditions without spending much money or time. If you are feeling serious about managing the pond...that's a whole different set of advise.

Your photo is very blurry. Can you get a better pic, and does that cloud of gold represent all the surface area at an instant in time or is it just a small corner of your pond while the remainder is rather void of visible fish? I'm trying to get feel of how many goldfish are in your pond.

Fish on!,
Noel