This is one of those "It Depends" questions big time. lol. I for one do not run my air during the day. My pond is only 10 feet max and I believe I have enough of that good old chara to keep my D.O. levels right during the day. Plus it saves some on my pump and my pocket book but if I felt I had to I would make no mistake about this we end up getting way to much invested to end up with a possible fish kill for a few bucks electricity. I would be concerned about your WE as well if water temps get to high for them. I don't have that issue really even my HSB seem fine in my pond. I run my air 10 hours a night and I have a lot of fish for a 1 acre pond and I have not had any problems in 9 years knock on wood!! lol, I am NOT telling you to do this but it's what I do and it's worked for me. You got to find what works for you and your pond for sure! Not everything other people do will work. As Bill Cody says!! "It all depends" and a lot of that comes with trial and error that's for sure!!

RC

The only difference between a rut and a Grave is the depth. So get up get out of that rut and get moving!! Time to work!!