Hey all,
Ive read a lot on here but not posted a ton. My initial problem was muddy water and did a large alum/lime treatment and now clarity is much much better. My pond is an acre surface area with average depth 10-11 ft.
Been 4-5 weeks since alum treatment and while water looks tons better i do have just a hint of green tint in the water. Noting that looks like an algae bloom or at least not to me but this got me reading on what else I can do to increase pond health. Which sent me down the road of learning about aeration. Fountain, bubbler, thermocline no thermocline, water temps, turn over and my heads spinning tryin to sort it all out.
The overall look of the pond is very important to me...just want it to look nice. While fish health is important its just not a main concern at the moment. Pond has fish but almost never gets fished. So i started lookin at fountains and diy solutions and so on.
Here is one of my main questions. Pond temp is also important to me because I have a geothermal pond loop and adding a closed loop chilling system for a pool. So that lower temp water at the bottom of the pond is important for me to have it as cold as possible. With the alum cleaning up the water clarity Id imagine water temps are going to start rising a bit with more sunlight penetration.

Ive looked at floating fountain pumps, submersible pumps, shore pumps, air pumps and so on. just wanted some opinions on what direction i should be pointed.