Fantastic looking build...I love it!

I have found that adding rock along the banks to be very good for my pond. If you can source creek rock (or whatever) with a good mix of gravel size up to basket ball size you will have added great habitat for crawdads, minnows, pond bugs, and such along with some erosion and vegetation control. I would have added it to the entire shoreline if I could have, but my efforts only amounted to about 20%. My rock starts about 1 foot above full pool and extends down the slope about 2 to 3 feet into the water. I would scatter a few "rock beaches" in around your pond, but don't do it where you might be launching boats. I also put old carpet pieces down first before adding the rock along the shore with the idea of it reducing the sinking affect of the rock into the mud and as a cheap weed barrier.

I would also add some pallet structures for seeding the FHM's and maybe some gravel beaches for spawning beds.

I can tell you that 1 cinder block was not enough to keep my pallet stacks down AND it's a real pain to put them back in place after the pond filled up...At least 1 cinder block per pallet in the stack and throw an extra one on for good measure.

Fish on!,
Noel