Hello PB!

My name is Paul and my wife and I recently had a pond completed on property we own in Clark County, IN. The pond is kidney shaped, a max of 12' deep, and (best guess) between 1/3 and 1/2 acre of surface area. I have put in a pea gravel beach along half of the eastern bank where it is most shallow extending 8-10' into the water, and in the coming weeks we will build a dock adjacent to this pea gravel beach. I also plan to place some structure into the pond near-term, as well as set up aeration with a HP100LL pump and a single 9" diffuser. Figure it'll be a lot easier to get this stuff done before it fills with water...

It'll take a while for the pond to naturally fill, but hopefully it will be possible to stock with fish in spring 2020. The property is 20 minutes from my house, so I don't mind a moderate level of management and I plan to supplemental pellet feed for at least the first year to help establish the fishery and stimulate growth.

Based on my research so far, I am thinking the following mix of fish:

15lb FHM
40 LMB, 4-7"
200 BG, 3-5"
100 HBG, 3-5"
100 RES, 3-5"
20 CC, 6-8"
2 TGC
100 tadpoles

Nothing is set in stone yet, so I greatly appreciate any thoughts, feedback, or criticism of the plan and look forward to participating and learning!

Last edited by Paul FNG; 07/28/19 07:49 AM.