2.5 acre pond, deepest point is 13 feet.

I have 2 diffusers, one located at 7 feet and one at 5 feet.

My water temps are too high, I'm regularly getting surface temps 90-94 range. This was before aeration.

I'm still on a slow start up schedule for the aerators, currently doing 1 hour per day. Plan to increase to 2 hours per day soon.

Questions:

1. To avoid the water temp climbing higher, should I just leave my aerators at the current shallow depths? I have 2 more diffuser heads I can put in deeper water if I need to.

2. Is there such a thing as too much aeration? My current 2 diffuser system is rated for a 3 acre pond. I have a duplicate setup with another 2 diffuser heads that would be 4 diffusers total which would provide 6 acres of aeration to a 3 acre pond. Would that result in a fish kill or could I still do that as long as I do a slow startup sequence?

3. Several people have mentioned that aerating at night only for high summer water temps. What is everybody's thoughts on that?

4. Assuming that nothing goes wrong, how often do I really need to run the diffuser? Is just a few hours a day enough? Or is there benefit to running 24/7?

Last edited by platon20; 07/23/19 02:05 PM.