With that depth, keeping fish will be very difficult. In the winter, unless you drop in a heater or some other method of keeping some water open, you will loose the fish. You need a fairly decent volume of unfrozen water as an oxygen source when the surface is frozen and there is snow on top.

Dead fish can be somewhat mitigated by keeping snow off the ice, but my experience is I have shaved a few years off my life by almost busting through on a few occasions.

For now to cut down on skeeters, toss in some bait fish, which are typically fathead minnows. I have found that shiners don't do very well in shallow ponds that get too warm.

Do NOT put in goldfish, as they are the one thing that will survive the winter, and there will be a point you don't want them.

Perch have an ability to do pretty well in low oxygen water, but they are not big fans of heat. They need a cool refuge in the hottest parts of summer. It doesn't hurt to try, and they do a stellar job of keeping snails out.

I would keep in mind it is much easier to deal with 1/4 acre to 1/2 acre ponds with a depth of at least 8' on average, preferably more. A big hole, but the volume you need to keep healthy fish through our 11 months of winter and one month of bad sledding. Keep in mind that it would be worthwhile to expand at some point in the future.