Pond is 20 yrs old and gets oak leaves for its nutrient. Body of water is perfect bowel shaped 130ft across and 35ft deep at center. I figure I have 1,466,000 gallons in my aquarium. Have problems with filamentose algae that I fight with chemicals. Have a fountain in the middle that runs spring to fall and a dock deicer at surface of water that shoots aerated water up a foot June through August both devices run 24hrs a day. Only thing I know about aeration is what I have read on this fantastic forum. Want to get away with dock deicer and aerate under water to help in muck control and provide a water exchange to make a deeper oxygen content. At 30+ foot depth I am pretty sure I have a thermal layer but on cooler overcast days it has turned over and killed my fish thus the dock deicer to at least put oxygen at surface. I have purchased a used Gast 0523 rotary vane pump that puts out 4CFM with 10 psi max pressure. I hope to run 1/2 ridged pipe 50ft from shed to water then weighted flexible hose to a twin stone Airmax Proair placed at 15 foot depth. Is the single twin stone Airmax enough in one location? Am I putting the aerator too deep? I do know from this forum I should monitor when first installed as to not get a quick turnover and kill fish. Thanks for reading my ramblings.

If it ain't broke fix it.