Sounds like your only problem was not asking sooner, so your bass would appear sooner wink I think worrying about our ponds is most of the “fun” because it keeps you engaged and learning. Glad to hear your bass aren’t dead though, I would guess if one of the missing bass are okay, they probably all are. One thing to remember about bass is just because they are cold blooded, doesn’t mean they love the heat. Even rattlesnakes adopt the night shift during the hottest time of the year, because cold blooded animals need “optimal” heat not just more heat. This holds true for bass even more due to the effect heat has on the ability of water to hold oxygen. Just like when we go up high in the mountains and have trouble breathing, especially during physical exertion, bass have trouble breathing during exertion during hot temperatures. Where you live, I assume it is hot even at night during the summer. When it is hot, bass often seek the area with the most optimal conditions and stack up just like when it is cold.