Hey Cole, thanks for the input.

The first three were actually stocked last summer, so they've had a year to set up shop. It is concerning that they've just vanished since they were mostly doing so well and growing, but in the grand scheme of things, they are tools to achieving my goal for having some really nice BG. They're whole purpose in life is to eat as many little fish as they can and make babies to take their place.

Their spawn this year was apparently unsuccessful as I've not seen any young bass, so that part of the plan hasn't materialized. If something has happened to them then they're not there to eat either. Both 2 & 3 are going to be eventually removed and released if I can ever catch them again, since they've gotten big enough to eat the BG I want to keep in the system. My plan is to give them another spring to try again at a successful spawn.

As for someone else poaching the pond, that's always possible, but not very probable as the pond is inside a gated yard, and patrolled daily by my dogs, two of which are 100+ pounds. Just their presence is a pretty good deterrent.

Last edited by Mike Whatley; 07/11/19 04:31 AM.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!