Originally Posted By: Bill D.
So I resumed feeding Optimal BG chow a couple three nights ago after a long cold winter. I was greeted with an enthusiastic response but my perception is the BG population has taken a heavy hit since last fall. Plenty of larger brood stock but very limited numbers of BG 4 inches or less. Could be more will show up in the next few weeks as they get back into the routine or maybe that reinforces the plan to remove some LMB? I'm sure the SMB and WE are also applying pressure to that size class BG. Any thoughts? I did see one CC about 3 pounds at feeding time but he seemed more interested in the BG than the pellets. No sign of YP but that is not unusual for us when we first start feeding again and I am not throwing chow in the area of the pond they seem to prefer.

Well I'm happy to report that the BG population appears to be healthy. More seem to show up every evening. I am now feeding twice the amount of Optimal BG than I did last year and they still clean it up almost as fast as I throw it in! Also nice to see an occasional YP and a couple smaller CC coming to the table for a snack.

Last edited by Bill D.; 07/08/19 08:27 AM. Reason: after thought

[Linked Image]
Be Brave Enough to Suck at Something New!