Hello all. I have about a 1400 gallon pond with about 12 goldfish. I have 2 Iris, and a small pond Lilly, and some other small plants. The pond is surrounded with moss rock, which I am assuming is sandstone, I have some river rock of various sizes and some rip rap lining the bottom and sides of the pond. I am using a Savio skimmer with filter, and have a 10" aerating stone in the bottom of my pond which runs 24/7. My water pump runs only during the daylight.

I am getting green water and a little bit of string algae. I had some toads that mated in my pond, and I noticed that all of the tadpoles died immediately before leaving the slimy stuff they lay. That is what concerned me, so I did a full water test (pH, Nitrate, Nitrite, and Phosphorus). All is good, but my pH is off the charts (>9.0). I added some pics. I read somewhere that adding 1/4 cup of white vinegar per 500 gallons would help lower my pH. Does anyone have any suggestions? Is it possible that any of the rocks would cause this alkaline water?

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Attached Images
pH.jpg Pond_1.jpg