Tim, let me clarify that we only taking out the fish that we are catching - no trapping or other method of removal. For us that is roughly 50 lbs of fish each year for the past 2 years.

The experts will probably need to weigh in on your question, but I think it is unlikely that we can remove enough bass to prevent stunting at some point in the future. My belief is that there are more than enough replacement fish available. We seem to have a good mix of different sizes.

My suggestion to you is to add as much forage fish such as CNBG as necessary to feed your bass. I have no idea what the right quantity is. Frankly it feels like we have been more lucky than skillful.

The last big fish that was caught was this spring was 10 lbs and few oz, was looking a bit ragged and I consider taking it out, but frankly I just couldn't do it. Didn't get a measurement of its length but she looked underweight. Don't always take a scale & tape measure down to the pond, but this year, some of the fish are looking underweight. We probably are see stunting taking place.

We will have to start over at some point in the future and that is ok. It has been one heck of a great run. Happy Fishing!

It's another day in paradise