Originally Posted By: Downrigger56304
Ne hunter
On the pipe that was cut in half did they put any covering on top of where they cut? I would be concerned if that edge was sharp.

A swivel head de-burring tool is very effective at removing sharp edges from cut plastic. It takes some practice to become really good with one, but anyone can clean up the sharp edges, it just may look a bit rough or bumpy. And, a lack of respect for the tool will cause blood loss.

Take the torch to it after de-burring to make it complete.

Originally Posted By: Downrigger56304
I can't wrap my head around spending $40,000 on a playground set, but to each his own.

Think Ronald McD...the small ones cost $40K. Back then there where small businesses that would fill up a strip mall sized building with the playgrounds and would spend 6 figures...easy, plus installation. My coworkers had free access to the components after the photo shoots if no business bought it at a discount and it was our job to know how to put them together. I'm not really sure what it did to their property value having a $40,000 playground in the back yard...to some a bonus, to me...a constant reminder of work and a neighbor kid magnet.

Fish on!,
Noel