We bought a house 2 summers ago that has about a 1/2 acre spring fed pond on the property that we own solely. It's about an average depth of 6 feet deep and has a town easement culvert for road drainage. Now in our 3rd summer were nearing frustration at controlling the algea. Last year i home built a fountain to help aerate which due to running costs we dont run as much as i would like. This year we accepted that chemicals for a pond this size would be costly but started a plan of dye, manual removal, foutain aeration and green clean pro about 6 weeks ago once it started warming up. So far our efforts have been completely pointless and the pond is covered yet again in algea.

So now im wondering if basic pond aeration will help and if it can be done with pumps that dont make alot of noise and dont cost dollars a day to run to be effective. Im capable if building my own system and am willing to spend money up front if it means saving money in run costs. Im also looking for advice if any of my plan is worth continuing with? Maybe im still not using enough dye or algeacide.

thank you