Well, we stocked the pond yesterday.
We ended up going with 300 HBG, 80 RES, 3 Grass carp, and 4lb of FHM.
my 9yo just couldn't stand it, and i couldn't say no.....and, by the time they'd swam across the pond he had a hook in the water. I thought surely he was wasting his time, but it was fun to see. He caught one worm in the flower bed and was determined to try it. He ended up catching 5 on the worm, and ran out of worm and was frustrated....and swiped the head off of a waist high strand of wheat that was all around the pond ( from dove season Last year) next to him and threw it in the water. Fish attacked it.....then his little brain went to work, and he pulled another and used the "husk" ( so to speak) and put it on the hook and caught 6! The Fish Food should arrive Monday or Tuesday.

I didn't call in my order soon enough to order HSB, but will put about 25-30 in as soon as i can get my hands on some.

ALso, with the flash floods today, the rain today raised the water level about a foot. smile

Last edited by jpws; 06/24/19 08:42 AM.

.20 acre pond-that leaks/4-5' deep. Stocked 6/22/19 with 300 BG(supposed to be HBG, removed 100+/- so far), 100 RES, 3carp. On 8/20 added 300 HBG, + 21 5"HSB. 8/21 added 5 8" SMB, one 10" LMB , one 14" CC