The strongest advice I can give anyone at this point is to stay on top of your nutrient load, particularly phosphorus, as it can and will create a lot of algae problems. I partially blame myself for not running my aeration 24/7 thru the cooler months when water temps weren't an issue. I put my pump up and didnt run it at all. The little money I saved by not running it has been more than tripled in the cost of chemicals....and a lot of aggravation.

I've learned that being a good neighbor by allowing my neighbor's watershed to flow thru my pond is causing me more grief than it's worth. If I could figure out how to divert his runoff, or filter it before it reached my pond, that would be my next big project. He's assured me he doesn't do anything to his yard but what comes off his property has been responsible for every flushing my pond has seen. Not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing.

If you're dead set on using chemicals, particularly anything copper based, use them VERY SPARINGLY.

On a good note...the pond has 5 new resident plants this evening. My order of hybrid lilies arrived from Texas today and are now soaking up as much nutrient as their little hearts desire.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!