Drew - I think the logarithmic growth pattern will likely happen due to the plants running out of summer weather long before they run out of nutrients, but that's what this exercise is all about...we'll see! I'll continue posting photos as they progress and I may not be very happy if they return year after year, I bet I would consider the experiment a bust as I might have to apply herbicide to keep them under control - I'm not into that.

Mike - I believe I will have to make another corral soon.

Snipe - You'll be my new best friend if I can talk you into sending me a bunch of your neighbors throw away plants next spring, my cost, of course. That way I start out a little ahead of the growth curve and the corrals fill up sooner. My pvc corral seems to be doing it's job so far. I get little wind action at the pond, but heavier storms have come through and no rouge plants. You might be able to section off a corner of your pond with a straight section of PVC pipe or make a corral and just tie it off to the shore in a couple of places. You would want to make sure it's out far enough so that water level fluctuations do not strand it on shore and create an escape route.

Fish on!,
Noel