Boles Lake looks to be about 18.4 acres (per google maps) and is a nice rectangle shape. I have estimated its volume at 43,000,000 gallons. If you use single diffusers that move, on average, 1000 gpm...you will need about 30 diffusers to just turn it over once a day.

Just to give you a dart on the board...A couple systems that I've read about used 19 and 20 diffusers in different 12 surface acre lakes. Assuming that they gave each difusser about 1/2 to 1 cfm...they were cranking out 10 to 20 CFM (per lake example). Your piston pump would handle up to 6 diffusers, but closer to 3 diffusers would be optimal. Your Matala 12" diffuser is rated for 0.88 to 5.65 CFM. So, what you have purchased does not seem to have near enough "umph" to handle an 18 acre lake...you will need another neighbor to two or three to get the whole thing tuning over and they would have to be spread out to cover more than just the property frontage of those few neighbors. Your talking about hundreds of feet of line and multiple pumps.

Anything less than a full turnover a day can worsen your situation with respect to fish kills. Given that the pros are talking about $30K tells me that even the most frugal system would run over $10,000 if you bought good used equipment and provided the free labor.

I believe aeration should be "all or nothing" and more is even better up to a point.

Fish on!,
Noel