Greetings, I am new to the forum and have really been enjoying the education! When my wife and I retired six years ago, we moved to a little property with a small pond. It's about 60' across with gently sloped banks covered with native plants, and about 5' deep in the middle. We don't have fish, but we enjoy all the wildlife that comes and goes from it, and our dogs like wading around in it too. It's unlined and fed by groundwater, though we top it off by maybe a foot, two or three times in the summer.

We don't keep leaves and such out of it as we should, and we've got a good deal of string algae. I've decided to get off my duff, give it a good raking, and add an aerator. I see Vertex aerators are well thought of on the forum, but it looks like they don't manufacture anything for so small a pond. I've also looked online at Airpro aerators and the Kasco "Bantam" series.

Does anyone have product recommendations for a small aeration system? The pond is about 100' behind our house, and there's already electrical in place, though nothing's hooked up to it.

Many thanks!