How close to a pond is to close? I've been doing some research and haven't really gotten a clear answer. I have a 2.5 acre pond on 4.12 acres. The way my pond was constructed (before I owned it) it didn't leave that much land. The peace of land that is big enough for me to build on is plenty long enough but it's the width that I'm worried about. From pond to property line I'm dealing with about 112ft. The house plans we are looking st range from about 45-55 foot wide. I need to keep the house atleast 20-25 foot away from the property line for my drive way. And if we go with the house plan of 55 foot width that puts the edge of my house about 30ft away from my pond give or take some footage according to how things play out. Is that to close? The pond edge that it will be bordering has a long slope not a drop off and the land (that I can tell) is solid. I plan to do a bulk head with 2x6's and possibly some aluminum with some anchors under ground to make it solid for erosion. I just don't want to have any foundation issues later on down the road. Is there a something I can do myself to test water seapage? Dig a hole? Or anything I can do to prevent foundation before building besides a pad? Anything you guys have would be appreciated, do y'all have houses close to your pond?

P.s. Sorry for the long post I've been running myself crazy over it. Thanks