IIRC, an aeration system can be run too little (or be too small for the BOW). The concept is that the aeration system is just run enough to mix the dead water with good water, but not run long enough to really make the dead water better overall. This scenario consistently makes the good water worse and the results are a BOW with it's D02 spread out (or thinned out) throughout the entire volume of water. This reduces the available DO2 at any given point in the water. You need to overcome this by getting to the point that the pond is turned over at least once a day.

So, IMO, you can bring it up too slow, but that is hard to do unless you neglect to increase the run times regularly and let it hover in the bad range too long. Where that bad range is will be different for each BOW and likely very near the beginning of the start-up.

Before I get too windy I should ask what size your pond is? 1/25th of acre...is that right? with 200 HBG?

The reason I ask is that small of a pond may require a more subtle approach depending on your aeration systems ability. A 1/25th acre pond is like a 40 foot square and if your aeration system is robust at all...you could turn that pond over in a very short time. At 1/25th of an acre, your pond is about 50,000 gallons and I would estimate that your system turns that pond over in less than an hour. I am guessing (note: guessing) that if you were going to have a problem from starting up too fast, it would have shown itself that first night. The KLC 60 appears to put out about 1 to 2 CFM at your depths which is certainly in the correct range for your diffuser. This tells me that you are moving plenty of water.

As fickle as ponds can be when aeration start-up is concerned, it's hard to tell exactly what will happen, but you have jumped right in and nothing bad happened. I would proceed as Mike suggested with a shorter initial runtime and double from there daily unless septic smells arise.

If you pond is in the 40 foot square range, I doubt you really would want to run it more than a few hours a day.

Keep us updated!

Fish on!,
Noel