Hey Stevie. Glad to hear you found a system for your pond.

I'm no expert, by any means, but starting at 1-2 hours is a bit extreme. Id suggest giving the pond a couple of days to settle again, especially if you are smelling gases. You'll want to back off to about 15 minutes for a couple of days or until you dont smell anything. Then double that time to 30 minutes. If you still dont smell gases, double that to an hour. Then double again to two hours, unless the smell comes back, then go back to an hour until you no longer smell anything. Each time you increase run time you double the previous setting until you reach your desired run time.

Starting aeration is tricky, especially now that your pond is warmer. Warm water cant hold DO very well. You'll definitely want to run at night now, so a timer may make things easier.

I've been running strictly at night for a while now, 12 hours until recently. I reduced to 9 hours this past weekend, with a later start because my surface temp was over 80 degrees and I'm trying to avoid super heating the pond.

.10 surface acre pond, 10.5 foot deep. SW LA. The epitome of a mutt pond. BG, LMB, GSF, RES, BH, Warmouth, Longear Sunfish, Gambusia,Mud Minnows, Crappie, and now shiners!!...I subscribe!!