In late summer of '18 I drained my small pond completely dry and made repairs, installed a new overflow system, did maintenance to the aeration, etc. Fish were removed.

A neighbor had put rock bass into the pond (he thought they were BG!), which then required predator fish to control (LMB)….and things of course got out of control. I did not and do not want fish in the pond as it is just too small, and requires frequent treatment to keep it clean and balanced.

Pond refilled nicely by early spring, and I've been working to keep the quality good. Have a lot of happy frogs, salamanders, and a few sliders.

FF to now. Even though the pond was dry for nearly a month last year, I can now see hundreds of 1 to 2 inch long minnows around the banks.

Not sure how that happened, but I need to get rid of them now while they are very small. If I didn't dream it, I once saw here info on using hydrated lime to exterminate fish. Searched, but could not find the info. Can someone point me in the right direction? TIA!