Thanks all. Out of about 20 in the fish trap, there were three or four that had this coloration.
TJ, I was on the mower most of the time I was at the farm. Spent about an hour at the pond, near sunset, then went back early the following morning for about an hour. I haven’t had time to hand toss any feed. I do have the BG and LMB feeds mixed in the TH Feeder. I know it’s throwing at that rate 50/50. All the feed is gone in seconds. I see a flash and a swirl, but I can’t see what fish is taking what feed. Some of these HBG crosses have much larger mouths. Possibly they, or possibly the YP might be eating the Optima LMB? We have rain tonight and for the next three days. I believe our drought is over. My renter sprayed roundup on the fields above the pond. The weeds are history, now more and more rain. I’m getting great runoff. Possibly too much, and now some erosion from the fields. My water has a weird color, almost like tea. Keeps visibility down to a few inches. Hopefully the rain will eventually let up, and the water will clear. The fish can sure see the food though.
Edit, well, the pic doesn’t look much like tea, but it’s a different brown than it was when full of suspended clay.

Last edited by SetterGuy; 06/03/19 04:43 PM.

9 yr old pond, 1 ac, 15' deep.
RES, YP, GS, FHM (no longer), HBG (going away), SMB, and HSB (only one seen in 5 yrs) Restocked HSB (2020) Have seen one of these.
I think that's about all I should put in my little pond.
Otter attack in 2023